Monday, September 5, 2011

Blood Angels versus CSM, 2000 points and 1750 points.

Took my Iron Warriors to face gobsan's fairly new Blood Angels.
We used Rules of Engagement rule set, which is quite a bit more fun and variative than normal BRB set of missions.

2000 points game
I had my normal list: 2 Daemon Princes, Lash and Warptime, Termicide unit, Chosen in a Rhino with meltas, 2 squads of Plague Marines with Meltas and Plasmaguns, Berserkers with Power Fist, 6 Obliterators, Defiler, Raptors with flamers and Summoned Greater Daemon.

gobsan took Mephiston, 2 Land Raiders filled with Assault Terminators, a couple of Sanguinary priests, and 2 small assault squads, 7 or 8 members total.


Deployment zone, btw, looked something like this, where x's are objectives:
_________________
|       _x__|                    |
|___|                   ____ |
|                 _x__|          |
|_______|____ _x__|

We rolled for the mission: I had to hold my own point and reduce his troops to under 50%, he had to hold his own point and spend a whole movement phase near my objective, untouched - "rescue" someone.

The game
I started in a line formation on the bottom, everything behind ruins or in cover.

Gobsan deployed one Land Raider on 9, another on 12, Mephiston behind LR on 9, Assault squads in reserve.

We traded ranged fire for two first turns, with no effect at all whatsoever, I failed to even glance any of Land Raiders once - oh wait, no, LR on 9 lost a lascannon, my melta reserves were late,  my melta plague marines almost made in to LR on 12 tho. Greater Daemon popped from them, and next turn, hopefully, something would die.

As it turn out, my plague marines and Daemon were the ones to die. LR blew up rhino with Plague Marines, and Assault terminators multicharged Greater Daemon prince and Plague marines - 3 TH/SS and 2 LC. Thankfully, they were out of range of Sanguinary Priest, that were hiding behind Land Raider - Defiler was eager to blow up some dudes in power armor.

So Terminators charge, my Greater daemon manages to do 2 wounds. Not much. Same initiative, 2 LC Terminators - 8 attacks total, 2 attacks hit, 1 wound, 1 re-roll, wound. 2 Plague Marines die. And this is when I was like: why 8 attacks? it's 6, Defensive grenades! gobsan shrugged, rolled 6 die. 5 hits. 5 wounds. One TH/SS failed save and died. 2 wounds from TH/SS Termies on the Daemon, and 6 damn fearless saves. Long story short, he failed them saves.

After that I lashed terminators a bit closer and plasmagunned them to death.

Next turn my Chosen come from needed flank, my termicide comes in. Now it's getting ugly - Chosen manage to land one melta out of 4, and I get 1 on damage result table. Which is 1 anyway because of extra armor. Termicide scatters right in between 2 Land raiders, like 7'' away from each. A-fucking-mazing. So I decided to shoot Mephiston. To hit, guess what - 1, 1, 1. Nice. Niceeeee.

Obliterators manage to shake and immobilize LR on 12, and another LR immobilizes itself in terrain, trying to turn to shoot sponson lascannons.

We call it draw, because neither of us is able to do anything apart from holding objective. My army is mostly alive, so he won't be able to footslog to my objective, and his assault squads are hidden behind Land Raiders and can't be possibly reduced to 50%.

1750 points

Same army for me, minus raptors, minus Slaanesh Prince.

gobsan brought Mephiston, Sanguinary Priest, Sanguinary Guards - 5 bodies, 3 full 10 man units of Assault Marines, small DC squad with Lemartes, DC dread and blood talons and Furioso with blood talons and magna grapple. He kept everything in reserve.

Deployment looked like 2 diagonal lines, 18'' apart from table corner.

We both rolled same mission: have 2 units of 50% strength or 2 mobile vehicles in enemy deployment zone and hold your own objective.

I spread my army carefully to ensure that he wont be able to Deep Strike anywhere near me. Plague marines rhino moved upfront and popped smoke, and it looked like a perfect bait. and it worked. nearly everything came from reserves on turn 2 for Blood Angels, apart from Mephiston and one of the assault squads.
First assault squad scattered full 6 into the third floor of the ruins, and lost 4 models to dangerous terrain rolls: including sergeant and a guy with the melta. Nice.
Nothin else really happened.
On my turn greater daemon came into play and assaulted death company squad, reducing them to 2 models. Sanguinary guard lost 2 models to Plasma Cannons, DC dread lost DCCW with meltagun, assault squad in ruins shrugged off most of the fire, losing one model only.
Blood Angels failed to do really anything next turn, wrecked rhino-bait in assault with blood talons and got ready to be owned by meltaguns from point-blank. Sanguinary Guard assaulted Greater Daemon and managed to wound him once, DC died meanwhile, one more models was lost by Sanguinary Guard due Fearless saves. Yes, they had Blood Thirst.


After that Blood Angels concede, as everything is really wounded or ready to be wiped out, and he can't possibly win or even draw - no long range firepower at all.

Conclusion.
Special weapons - this is what makes Chaos army. I'll probably reconsider my lists to include more Chosen, or even Havocs with special weapons - 15 points a pop, with 10 points for meltagun, plus extra rhino? Really, it's good.

On the project progress - I've been sculpting some stuff on my veterans Mk3 shoulders, but i didn't really turned out well. Guess I'll scrap it and start painting, as bases are already painted and ready.
Also, stripped my metal Daemon Prince of paint, and made some minor conversions. Going to post it later, when I'm done with his right hand. So many options, so many options...

As a bonus:
My Summoned Greater Daemon:


My Slaanesh Daemon Prince:


No comments:

Post a Comment